This page will eventually hold the combined database of the BioResource prospective tissue collection, and will be capable of interrogation (ie data mining) to assemble specific research cohorts. The data mining capability will utilize the clinical and pathological dataset associated with the tissue collection. The database is expected to be online during 2010 and the tissue collection will be password protected. Researchers will ultimately be able to gain password access from the National Project Manager.
For tissue holdings current to date, see the BioResource page, Phase III resources.
Tissue Micro-Array Availability
The TMAs available at May 2009 are:
1. A human pilot array of normal and matched malignant prostate tissues from 10 prostate cancer patients
2. A human progression array (n~150) according to Gleason score. The Gleason scores range from 4-9, with almost 90% being 5-7
3. Normal human prostate tissue array (n~160)
4. A human prostate cancer cell line array
5. A mouse prostate pilot array
6. A mouse model (TRAMP) of prostate cancer, development of hormone resistance
Minimum Clinical and Pathological dataset
Researchers requiring a
copy of the proposed minimum clinical and pathological dataset for patients
included in the central database should contact the National